Meet the Board – Aileen Madden
Aileen Madden is the treasurer of the Winnipeg Harvest board of directors and Head of Corporate Audit and Advisory for Air Canada. She’s served as a member of the board for four years but has been bringing her kids with her to volunteer here for a decade.
“It was very important to me to teach the importance of volunteering to my kids,” said Madden. “Not only does it build that sense of community, but it’s something very concrete for them to see—after we sort these canned goods, they’re going to go to someone who needs them because they don’t have enough food.”
In addition to her time spent as a volunteer, Madden says she loves being able to offer her professional experience to an organization she’s already seen make an impact on the community around her.
“I see the opportunity to help build structure and be part of guiding decisions on the board as both a privilege and responsibility to maintaining and growing the spirit of Winnipeg Harvest.”
10 Questions with Aileen Madden
- Last book you couldn’t put down? The Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill
- What’s the last album you downloaded? The “Feeling Good” playlist on Apple Music
- If you could see one concert, what would it be? Lady Gaga
- What’s your fast-food guilty pleasure? McDonald’s french fries
- Which person, alive or dead, would you like to have dinner with? James Corden
- What’s your favourite vacation destination? Thailand
- You have to make one dish to impress a dinner party, what do you make? Pulled Pork
- What’s your favourite movie? The Princess Bride
- What’s the one thing you haven’t done that you’d love to do? Climb Machu Picchu
- What are your words to live by? “Be your genuine self.”