HOW TO ACCESS FOOD
Step 1: Call or email to book an appointment at Harvest.
Phone: (204) 982-3660 – please have your Manitoba Health Card ready
Monday – Friday, 9:15 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Saturday, 9:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
In-person: 1085 Winnipeg Ave.
Monday – Friday, 9:45 a.m. – 2:45 p.m.
Saturday, 10:15 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
Step 2: Bring your Manitoba Health Card to Winnipeg Harvest (1085 Winnipeg Ave.). Receive food and make an appointment for a partner food bank closer to your home.
Step 3: Within two weeks, have your next food bank appointment at a local partner food bank.
Step 4: Following your appointment, call or email the above phone number or email address to book your next appointment.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING
- Your Manitoba Health Card
- Bags or boxes to carry food
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE
At Winnipeg Harvest, we share what we have. One food hamper is provided to one address every two weeks. The food assistance you receive should last in your household for 2-3 days. Food banks provide supplementary food to help families and individuals boost their budgets and are not expected to meet all your weekly food needs.
We use the following guidelines to create our basic food hamper:
– One canned fruit or vegetable
– One protein (canned meat or fish, peanut butter, beans)
– One carbohydrate (pasta, rice, oatmeal)
– One cooking mix or dry soup
– Milk—one litre per child under 12 and one litre for a pregnant or breastfeeding woman
– Other dairy items as available (yogurt, cheese etc.)
One or more pounds of:
– One or more loaf(s) of bread
– One or more other baked goods (buns, pastries, etc.)
When available, special items or snacks may also be offered—including crackers, cereal, meat or other frozen items.