Thank you to everyone who participated in our 2020 Lee Newton Memorial Golf Tournament held Wednesday, August 12, 2020 | St. Boniface Golf Club. View the 2020 Photo Album.
Please take note of our generous sponsors, and support them with your patronage:
** Congratulations to all our winners. To collect your prizes, please contact Mika anytime after Monday, August 17, at email@example.com, call or text 204-891-8398!
|Hole 3 – Putting Contest with Manitoba Chicken Producers||Cal Eg||$100.00 Keg Gift Card|
|Hole 5 – Closest to the Pin||Brett Jesson||FWS Group Prize Pack|
|Hole 7 – Fastest Hole||Mikkelson Coward||4 Shooters Golf Cards|
|Hole 9 – Closest to the Hole||Lorne Barber||A Farmery Gift Pack|
|Hole 11 – Longest Drive||Bryan Ward||Tiber River Gift Pack|
|Hole 16 – Closest to the Bin||Marc Pittet||Kate Spade Purse|
|Hole 18 – Closest to the Pin||Albert Padua||$100.00 Google Play Card|
|Team with the Best Score||Black and McDonald||Team Golf Balls/Tees/Waterbottles|
|Mc Naught Draw Prize||Lorne Barber||Gift Basket|
50/50 and Raffle Winners:Click here
Register Now – Deadline July 31, 2020
***IMPORTANT NOTE: Registrations will be accepted after July 31, but correct shirt sizes are not guaranteed.
Participants, please fill out the required COVID-19 assessment here.
- View Corporate Sponsorship Opportunities
- Individual Golfer Registration – $195/golfer
What You’ll Receive:
- One round of 18-hole golf with shared golf cart
- Cart bottled water and granola bars plus Player Goods Bag with complimentary beverage ticket
- Lunch/dinner at on-course food stations: Holes 5, 10, 14 and 18
Plus – Online 50/50 and Silent Auction – August 7-12
- Click here to purchase tickets until August 12 at midnight. Winners announced online and via social media on August 13 by 4:30 p.m.
- To donate a prize for the silent auction, please fill out the following form: https://forms.gle/oLTCpGX3FGF5hTuC9
For more info, please contact Angela, Signature Events Coordinator:
- Email: SignatureEvents@winnipegharvest.org
- Phone: (204) 982-3677 ext. 435
About Lee Newton:
Inspired by a documentary featuring Helen verDuin Palit’s New York food bank: “City Harvest”, Lee formed a small volunteer board who worked tirelessly to open Winnipeg Harvest on July 1, 1985. Lee was loved and respected by everyone at Winnipeg Harvest and the community that supported us. Lee passed away on February 8, 2014, and we hold this Memorial Golf Tournament in her honour.
“I have learned that everyone at Harvest takes a great deal of pride and sense of ownership for their jobs. I have learned that it is just as valid when a disabled volunteer can make five food hampers an hour as when an able-bodied person can make 50. There is no competition here, just a feeling that all work donated is important and that it feels good to help. We are all capable of doing something of significance to make our worlds a better place,” said Newton.
2019 Golf Tournament Photos: