Thank you for your interest in becoming an emergency volunteeer!
The health and safety of staff, volunteers, clients and guests is of the upmost priority. We we are closely following the guidelines established by the Manitoba Government and Public Health Agency of Canada that includes basic protective measures including the regular and thorough cleaning of all work places. Our food network is also taking additional precautions are to ensure the health and safety of our workplaces and those who enter them.
To volunteer at Harvest, you must follow these same protective protocols and meet these core qualifications:
- You are healthy.
- You must be between the ages of 18-69.
- You have not traveled internationally within the last 14 days, and have not been in contact with someone who has.
- You are not sick – do not have any flu or flu-like symptoms ( fever, cough, cold, sore throat, trouble breathing), OR a respiratory or other compromising illness.
- You are not in regular contact with someone aged 70 or older or who has health issues.
Apply Now – Volunteer Application
** Your user ID is your email address. Choose a unique password.
Two shifts: 9:00-11:30 am & 12:30-3:00 pm daily.
Due to social distancing protocols, you can register as an individual or a group. We will be organizing volunteers into groups of 5, with no more than 25 volunteers in the warehouse for any one shift. Once you register, we will be in contact with you. And don’t worry, no experience needed – we will train you!
Other things you can do:
- Donate Now – $25 Hamper provides emergency food for 1 family for 3 days. $500 feeds 20 families.
- Spread the Word. Re-tweet our messages and share our Facebook Posts so others can help.
- Check in on loved ones and neighbours. If someone needs food assistance, this is How to Access Food.
Make a donation!
Use the form below to chip in what you can. Every dollar counts! Please consider a monthly donation. For phone donations, please call (204) 982-3581 from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. If you are looking to make a Major Gift, please contact our CEO Keren Taylor-Hughes at 204-982-3663 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org