Photo Contest Terms
Capture The Cause For Harvest is your opportunity to record sharing food and creating community in a single moment. Entrants will be judged for an opportunity to be displayed at Winnipeg Harvest and other prizes.
Cost of Entry: A minimum donation of $20 or 50 lbs. of food to Winnipeg Harvest. This is a one-time donation and covers additional submissions.
Please follow these tips and guidelines when sending us your photos. All photo submissions to Capture The Cause must be received by no later than 11:59 pm, September 28, 2018.
- Each submission must include the contestant’s name, address, phone number, e-mail address, the name of the photo, and what category it is being submitted to. Submissions not meeting these requirements will not be eligible for judging.
- Photos must be submitted in digital format by clicking on the “Submit your Picture” link below. Photos may be taken with a digital camera or scanned into digital format.
- Entries should be submitted at 300dpi in JPG format. The maximum file size should be 8MB and the photo should be no smaller than 5″ x 7″.
- You may submit as many entries as you wish.
- The same photo cannot be submitted for more than one category of the contest. (ie. a photo submitted in the “K-12” category cannot also be submitted in the “Shutterbug” category.)
- Basic editing, including colour enhancement, the use of filters, and cropping of the photo(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the photo(s).
- Photos that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content, including provocative nudity, violence, human rights and/or environmental violation, and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the law, religious, cultural & moral practices are strictly prohibited and will be immediately discarded. A participant who submits any such photos may be permanently banned, subject to Winnipeg Harvest’s discretion, from participating in any future contests.
A great opportunity for school-age children and teenagers to get behind the camera and try out their photography skills. Photo entries must be taken by someone age 17 or younger.
Get together with some of your loved ones to take a snapshot to show what their community means to you.
Anyone age 18 or older, amateur or professional interested in photography.