Organize a Food Drive
Many caring individuals and groups hold food drives for Winnipeg Harvest in their place of worship, neighbourhood, school or company. We are happy to help you with your food drive.
Winnipeg Harvest can provide the following:
- Food collection bins or containers
- Pickup of food that is not able to be dropped off at our location
- Winnipeg Harvest brochures for you to distribute or post in your area
- Coin cans for cash donations
- A staff person to speak to your group about Winnipeg Harvest
- Guided tours of Winnipeg Harvest operations (approx: 30 mins.)
- A great big thank you from the Winnipeg Harvest team!
Here are some tips that may help your drive be successful:
- Clearly let people know if you are collecting food, or money, or both
- Set a timeline for your campaign
- Set a goal for your campaign
- Consider inter-departmental challenges with incentives
- Consider a team-building kick off to your campaign such as a group BBQ – make it fun!
- Consider touring Winnipeg Harvest or spend a morning volunteering together in our warehouse to create team spirit and provide a deeper awareness about hunger in our community. You’ll see first hand why your involvement matters
- Celebrate your achievement at the end of your campaign!
Contact number (204) 982-3670 or email email@example.com