For food assistance, please:
phone: (204) 982-3660
Rural residents click here.
Who is eligible for food assistance?
We help anyone who asks us for food. We share what we have. We simply require that you provide a Manitoba medical number to receive for food assistance.
|Client Services Hours:||Monday – Saturday:||9:45 a.m. – 2:45 p.m.|
|Emergency Food Bank Room:||Monday – Saturday:||9:45 a.m. – 2:45 p.m.|
Please note that the food appointments phone line hours are:
Monday – Friday: 9:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Saturday: 9:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
Our volunteer phone operators will assist you in making an appointment at a Winnipeg area food bank.
Each month, Winnipeg Harvest shares food with nearly 62,000 people in Manitoba.
|How to get food from Winnipeg Harvest:
Things to Know:
- Winnipeg Harvest asks for your Manitoba Medical Card number to use as your personal ID number.
- Any information you share with Winnipeg Harvest is strictly confidential.
- You can access a food bank once every two weeks.
- How much food you receive depends on how many people are in your household.
- One individual food kit lasts 2-3 days.
- Harvest books an average of 400-800 food bank appointments per day.
Winnipeg Harvest shares food with local agencies
Winnipeg Harvest distributes food through nearly 400 neighbourhood food distribution agencies. Throughout the city and province these agencies include: churches, community centres, schools, post-secondary education facilities, day cares, soup kitchens and community agencies. Winnipeg Harvest also provides food products to the major soup kitchens within the city.
For information about Winnipeg Harvest Agencies or food access for your organization, please:
phone: (204) 982-3663 ext. 674