The training programs at Winnipeg Harvest provide both classroom theory and hands-on training to community members who seek to make a change in their employment status.
The programs are open to everyone who meets the criteria. We recognize individuals’ strengths and experiences, and our commitment is to help the participants to develop a good understanding of the skills and abilities required to gain entry level employment.
All participants will receive mentoring from a Team Member, one-on-one support, real-life work place conditions, and an opportunity to gain industry standards training.
Training Programs available:
Our priority is to enhance the participants’ opportunities to access the job market. Our courses are aimed to individuals who are:
- Unemployed (EIA, EIA Disability, EI, or without any type of financial assistance) or part-time employed (less than 20 hrs/week);
- English language proficient (applicants whose primary language is not English must demonstrate an understanding of English sufficient to follow oral and written instructions, meet the demands of classroom instruction, and written assignments);
- Ability to attend, participate and interact independently for the entire length of the program;
- Actively looking for employment;
- Committed to the courses (length, expectations, conditions).
Note: If you are employed or retired at this moment, we will contact you in case of availability in the program(s) you desire.
If you are interested in our training courses, please complete the TRAINING PROGRAMS APPLICATION
Please contact the Training Department for more information by:
phone: (204) 982-3663 Ext. 447